Are you vegan or vegetarian and seeing to pack on some muscle? Have you been told that it's next to impossible on that type of diet? If so, then keep reading as you are about to eye 10 high protein vegan foods that you can authentically consolidate into your diet that will help in your quest to gain muscle.
1) Ezekiel cereal - This Almond flavoured cereal packs a lot of punch for a morning meal meal, advent in at 8 grams of protein per ½ cup of cereal. And we all know how easy it is to have more than a ½ cup. So rest assured that you are getting at least 8 grams of protein from the cereal alone.
2) Hemp Bliss - This drink might take some getting used to, but it goes well with the Ezekiel cereal and tops up your protein consumption with 5 grams/cup on its own. With the two combined you are seeing at 13 grams of protein for one meal.
3) Nature's Path organic unsweetened oatmeal has a surprising 7 grams of protein per packet. Now, if you're seeing to pack on muscle, then you are most likely keen more than one of these packets at a time.
4) Nut Butters - Cashew butter, almond butter, macadamia butter, you name it - these nut butters are all excellent sources of protein. Mix in a tablespoon of one of these butters into your oatmeal and you're seeing at a high protein snack right there. The cashew butter alone weighs in at 5 grams of protein per 30 gram serving.
5) Multigrain Bread - This goes nicely with the nut butters with each slice gift 3 grams of protein. And if you're seeing to gain muscle, then 2 slices just won't be adequate for you, so you could potentially be seeing at 12 grams or protein just from the bread. Factor in the 10 grams from the nut butter and you've got yourself a healthy dose of protein.
6) Quinoa and Quinoa Flakes - Quinoa has a nutty flavour to it and is also very easy and super quick to make, production it an ideal side dish for many meals. Add in the fact that the flakes have a whopping 15 grams of protein per 100 gram serving and you're not only getting a tasty meal, but one with a lot of protein as well.
7) Pasta - if you're going to eat pasta, then look for Spelt or Kamut noodles in particular. Spelt clocks in colse to 11 grams per 85 gram serving. It's always difficult to tell just how much pasta is on your plate, so you can bet that you're eating more than that 85 gram serving.
8) Beans - beans, black beans and kidney beans especially, are probably one of the biggest protein sources of all things I've mentioned thus far. Men's health recently declared black beans to be the cheapest protein source per 10 grams at 13 cents. So go ahead and make a bean salad, or stew up a pot of chilli full of kidney beans.
9) Nuts - Almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts, and pistachios in their raw form, are all excellent high protein snacks.
10) Wild Rice - at 4 grams of protein per ½ cup of dry rice, wild rice isn't only just a very healthy side dish, but one full of protein as well.
So there you have 10 tasty and vegan amiable foods that are sure to help pack on the muscle.
Relate Link anolon advanced 10 piece